Seven children and six adults were injured in a four-vehicle Maryland car crash involving a green Dodge minivan, black Chevy Tahoe SUV and two compact cars. According to a WJLA news report, the car crash occurred along the 16900 block of Norwood Road near Excalibur Lane in Sandy Spring. Officials say a tan Toyota Corolla was stopped before turning left when a Mitsubishi Lancer rear-ended it. That impact forced the Corolla into oncoming traffic where it hit the Chevy Tahoe head-on which went on to hit the minivan.
The six people in the two cars and SUV were treated at the scene and did not require immediate hospitalization. All seven occupants in the minivan, however, were badly hurt. Two of the children, age 6 and 11, suffered serious injuries. It is unclear if the driver of the Lancer or any other motorist will face citations for the crash.
Multi-vehicle collisions often result in complicated liability disputes. At-fault drivers refuse to accept responsibility and insurance companies frequently deny claims. To ensure that you and your family are offered fair compensation after a Maryland crash, please make sure you:
- Notify the authorities right away and remain at the crash site unless you are in need of medical assistance.
- Write down the license plate number of the vehicles involved and everything you remember about the crash as soon as possible.
- Collect the contact information from the others drivers involved as well as from anyone who witnessed the crash.
- Provide your recollection of the crash to the authorities and request a copy of the police report.
- Seek prompt medical attention.
- Keep records of the many losses you have suffered because of the crash.
- Research your legal rights and options before making any decisions that may affect your personal and financial future.
With legal guidance, support should be available for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other related damages. Accepting a settlement that does not cover all of the damages you have suffered will negate your ability to pursue fair compensation. Please contact our experienced Maryland personal injury lawyers to find out how we can help you.