There are many advantages to riding a bike to work and the League of American Bicyclists offers the below information on the benefits of commuting to and from work on a bicycle, courtesy of bikeleague.org:
- Commuting on a bicycle enables you to automatically include a workout into your daily routine. No gym membership will be needed and no need to fit a gym workout into your busy schedule.
- Depending on the route you take, riding your bike to and from work may cause less stress than driving your car.
- More exercise and less stress may lessen your chances of being ill.
- On roads with bike lanes, you may be able to avoid delays in traffic by riding past it.
- When compared with the time spent in delays while using public transportation or driving your car, bike commuting may take less time.
- If you commute into a city, you will certainly save money on parking and avoid traffic tickets.
- You will be saving money on maintaining your automobile.
- You will save money on gas as the price of a gallon continues to go up especially during the summer vacation months.
- Bike commuting reduces the amount of pollution by toxic substances.
- Bike commuting is an enjoyable way to refresh and reenergize after work.
The Prince George’s County bicycle accident attorneys at the firm of Alpert Schreyer encourage Maryland residents who decide to bike commute to stay safe. In crashes involving bicyclists and motorists, bicyclists tend to be the ones who are most severely injured. In those incidents car drivers are at fault the majority of the time. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Maryland bicycle accident caused by a negligent driver who failed to share the road, contact the bicycle injury lawyers at Alpert Schreyer. Call an attorney today at (866) 444-6363 for a comprehensive, free case evaluation.