In Maryland, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Alpert Schreyer, LLC, offer free consultations to prospective clients. During the consultation, we will review the details of your injury and determine whether we believe you have a case to pursue compensation. Being prepared for this consultation can be very helpful to all involved and make the process more efficient.
Bring a list of questions to ask the attorney
Spend some time before the consultation thinking about any questions you may have regarding the process. Some questions that might be helpful to ask are
- Do you think I have a case?
- Approximately how long will it take to resolve my case?
- What issues does the attorney foresee with the case?
- What can I do to help my case?
- Who will be in contact with me about my case, and how often can I expect to be updated?
- Who can I call if I have questions or concerns?
While it may be hard to think straight immediately after an accident, it can be helpful to your case if you remain calm and try and collect as much evidence as you can. The attorney at your consultation would like to see
- Photographs of the scene
- Photographs of any vehicles involved in the car accident
- Names and contact information for any eyewitnesses
- Any notes you’ve taken about the experience
- Any text messages or emails between you and any of the witnesses or parties involved in the incident.
Documentation can play an essential role in a favorable outcome to your case. These documents will be very helpful to an attorney evaluating your case
- Any police reports or accident reports
- Copies of any medical bills
- Your medical insurance policy
- Your car insurance policy
- Your homeowner’s insurance policy
- Any written correspondence from your insurance company
- Any emails between you and anyone at any insurance company
- Car repair estimates
- Pay stubs to show lost wages (if applicable)
If you think of any other documents that may relevant to your injury claim, bring those with you to the consultation as well.
Set up a free consultation with our experienced personal injury attorneys
If you’ve been injured in an accident, the experienced Maryland personal injury attorneys at Alpert Schreyer, LLC, can help evaluate your case and determine whether you may be entitled compensation. Contact us online or call us 844-MDCRASH to schedule your free consultation.