If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance that you’ve suffered injuries in a serious car accident. That means that there’s also a good chance that you’re stressed and anxious about a number of things, including how you’re going to pay your medical expenses, when you’ll be able to get back to work, and various other issues.
You may even feel stressed about meeting with a lawyer—after all, lawyers often charge high fees, and, for most people, the period after a severe injury is hardly a good time to take on additional expenses. In addition, if you’ve never retained an attorney before, you may be hesitant to do so because you don’t know what to bring or what you’ll discuss.
If you’ve found yourself in the position, we have some good news: there is no reason to be worried about meeting with an attorney. First of all, the vast majority of personal injury attorneys offer free case evaluations, so just going over your case with a lawyer won’t cost you anything. Secondly, your initial meeting with a lawyer should not be an intimidating at all—remember, you have the choice as to whether to retain a particular lawyer, and your first meeting will focus mostly on the facts of your case.
What the Initial Consultation Is All About
Your first meeting with a car accident attorney in Maryland is really about giving your potential lawyer enough information to determine whether you have a case. As a result, you should be prepared to provide a narrative of what happened as well as your current medical condition. In addition, you should be ready to talk to the lawyer about the damages you’ve sustained. For example, the attorney you’re speaking with will likely want to know about your medical expenses, repair bills, lost income, as well as the pain and suffering you’re experiencing. Here are some of the things that you should bring to your first meeting with an attorney, if you can:
- Any documentation you have related to the accident, like police reports, tickets, insurance information, or police report numbers,
- Any documentation you received from the other driver
- Any photographs you have of your injuries or damage to the vehicles involved in the collision
- Your car insurance policy or policy number
- The other driver’s insurance company’s name, policy number, and the claim number, if you have already reported it (NOTE: it is advisable to let an attorney file the initial claim, but if you already started the process, we can take it over)
- A list of healthcare professionals who have treated you for your accident-related injuries
- Any other documentation related to the crash
Call Alpert Schreyer Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with a Maryland Car Accident Attorney
If you have suffered injuries in a car accident that you think was caused by someone else’s negligence, don’t hesitate to meet with an attorney to discuss your case. At Alpert Schreyer, we offer car crash victims a free, no-obligation case evaluation, which means that you have absolutely nothing to lose by discussing your case with a lawyer. In addition, if you choose us to represent you, we will never charge you legal fees unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.
Schedule your free case evaluation with an attorney today by calling our office at (844) 632-7274 or contact us online.