Rockville Personal Injury Attorneys
Rockville Personal Injury Law
Many people who suffer an injury in a Rockville accident are not aware of their legal rights or that financial compensation may be available to them. If you or a loved one has been harmed by someone else’s negligence you may hold that person civilly liable for the damages with a personal injury claim. The following general overview is to assist injured victims better understand their rights. If you have been seriously injured in Rockville, please contact an experienced Rockville personal injury lawyer to examine your legal rights and options.
Personal Injury Claims
There are many types of accidents that may result in a serious injury. Some accidents that may result in a civil lawsuit include:
- Rockville car accidents
- Rockville motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective product
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Rockville bicycle accidents
- Rockville pedestrian accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
When to Contact a Rockville Personal Injury Attorney
Whenever someone suffers a serious injury it may be in his or her best interest to speak to a skilled attorney right away. Even if an insurance company makes an offer to cover medical expenses and/or other costs, the victim should discuss the case with an experienced attorney before accepting the settlement. Acceptance of an insurance company settlement negates the victim’s ability to pursue compensation for further damages related to the crash. An attorney can make sure that the offer fairly covers the total damages suffered. Rushing into quick settlements is one of the deadliest pitfalls that must be avoided by a claimant. It is also important to get in touch with an injury lawyer as soon as possible so an attorney can get to the case before important evidence is lost, misplaced or destroyed.
Damages in a Personal Injury Claim
Personal injury victims can generally seek compensation for:
- All injury-related medical expenses. This should include the initial emergency room expenses as well as any required follow-up visits, hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy and medication costs.
- Time away from work. Some injuries require the victim spend long periods of time away from work. In such cases, the injured victim should receive compensation for the wages missed.
- Pain and suffering. The physical pain you have endured and the mental anguish and stress you have suffered as a result of the injury may be given a monetary value. This type of compensation is reserved for serious injuries and it is often not included in an insurance company’s first offer.
The Rockville personal injury lawyers of Alpert Schreyer, LLC help injury victims seek and receive fair compensation for all the injuries, damages and losses they have suffered. We handle all types of personal injury claims and offer free and comprehensive consultations to injured victims and their families. Call us today to find out how we can help.