Southern Maryland Car Accident Attorneys
Southern Maryland Accident Lawyers
There are many causes of Southern Maryland car accidents. If you are involved in an injury car crash in Southern Maryland, you may have to prove you are not responsible for the crash in order to receive compensation. Understanding the many potential causes of a crash might help you understand how liability is assessed in a car accident case. If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, please contact an experienced Southern Maryland car accident lawyer to better understand your legal rights and options.
Causes of Southern Maryland Car Accidents
Accidents happen everyday and there is not always a clear at-fault party. In some cases, one person is clearly at fault. In some cases, more than one party may have caused or contributed to the crash. Here are a few examples of negligent acts that could lead to Southern Maryland car accidents:
- Speeding: Under Maryland Transportation Code 21.801, drivers must adhere to the speed restrictions of each roadway. Drivers who exceed the speed limit, or drive faster than is reasonably safe, may be held liable for the accidents they cause.
- Drunk Driving: Drunk driving continues to be a serious problem in Southern Maryland. Drivers determined to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol often cause serious injury or fatal car accidents. Drunk drivers can be criminally prosecuted and at the same time, be held civilly liable for the victim’s injuries, damages and losses.
- Fatigued Driving: Sleepy or fatigued driving can be as dangerous as drunk driving because a tired driver has a decreased ability to react to road conditions and an increased chance of losing control of the vehicle.
- Failure to Yield Right-of-Way: Intersection accidents and accidents involving vehicles entering traffic are common in southern Maryland. These types of accidents are particularly dangerous for bicyclists, pedestrians and motorcyclists who may be easily overlooked by inattentive drivers.
- Failure To Obey Traffic Signs / Signals: Intersection accidents often involve a driver failing to come to a complete stop or failing to slow down at an intersection. Red light runners also pose a serious danger in Southern Maryland.
- Dangerous Roadways: The governing body in charge of the upkeep and design of a roadway may be held liable for the accidents that occur as a result of the conditions of the road. Sharp turns, limited visibility, lack of crosswalks and large potholes are all examples of dangerous roadway conditions that can contribute to a crash.
Pursuing Compensation For a Southern Maryland Car Accident
If at any time during the claim process you worry that your claim will be denied or you may be offered an inadequate settlement, it may be in your best interest to speak to one of the skilled Southern Maryland personal injury attorneys at the law offices of Alpert Schreyer, LLC. Our attorneys have decades of experience helping injured victims receive the compensation they need and rightfully deserve. If you have been injured by a negligent driver in Calvert County, St. Mary’s County or Charles County, you can seek compensation for medical expenses related to the car accident, loss of wages and other related damages. Call us today at 844-632-7274 for a free and comprehensive consultation. We are here to help.